Monday, January 21, 2008

Sundance Film Festival

Posted by Unknown


In honor or the week......

Some of what comes out of the sundance film festival is trash....Pure unadulterated garbage. Some is bologna.....Cheap, processed, and totally LAME. However, a select few can be so inspiring that I am thankful for independant film.

I recently rented the movie GOD GREW TIRED OF US. It is the winner of Sundance Jury Prize for 2006 along with the audience choice award. It is a documentary about the LOST BOYS of Sudan. I had never heard of the movie and it was shot in the dark of what it would be like but, I have to admit I was in no way disappointed.

It ended up being a great movie. I laughed, I cried, but most of all it touched my soul. I realized how blessed we are to live in this country. I realized how the struggles I have are so "western" in their nature and that God has given me every opportunity to achieve every dream. I realized how hard people work to actually help and show their gratitude for what they have. I learned that I need to be more proactive to help others, make change, if I'm ever going to make a difference in this world.

This is diffantely a five star rating in my book. Everybody and their mother should see it.


Have you seen any movies that are as inspiring as this? If so, let me know.

4 comments:

I feel pretty lame right now... I know I've seen some really fantastic films lately, but none of them comes to mind! I'll have to get back to you!

Matt Wilson said...

I couldn't agree with you more! Truly a remarkable movie that should be required watching at all highschool and college levels. It is what Hollywood and other independent movie companies should make....not the other cheezy-trashy movie mainstream is polluted with!

Fun! I like the idea...cute layout too! you may want to post eric's blog
www.youth-stories.blogspot.com
I will post your link on my blog! Hmmmm waiting for the stellar recipes.J

Anonymous said...

Enchanted April. :) Hands down.