Monday, December 22, 2008

Posted by Unknown

Has anyone experienced this? Traffic at your local retailer! I'm a little confused because I really thought our economy was down the shoots but more so than ever before I arrived someplace and it is totally overcrowded. I'm driving down the freeway and traffic builds up and then......you notice it is all the traffic is going to the local mall. The parking lots are overfilled....valet is now a viable option. You just want to run in a grab something quick and you can't maneuver around all the people. Lines are longs, people are grumpy, and its all about them.

The ironic thing about this is I'm assuming that it is everybody else who has lost the Christmas spirit. Maybe it actually is me. Maybe I'm the impatient one and not able to enjoy the moment of the crowds and hear the holiday music. After all, this is one of my favorite times of year but I'm missing out on all the reason I love it.

There is only one way to get it back and that is through service. To do something nice for somebody. Unselfishly and full heartedly. Can you think of anything you can do today for someone else. Just to make this world a better place. I need to make cookies, give stockings away and sing carols at neighbors doors. I need to forgive, to love, to serve more and to be patient with others shortcomings. The month is getting short and this is the reason for the season. I need to get moving....to parallel Santa........on dori, on zoomer, on dasher and blitzen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the traffice is really bad here in St. George, Utah.
But I think I got the spirit.
A man was coming back from Colorado to Calif. and car broke down and need extra cash or coins we might have. Guess what Rex gave him some dollars. Yahoo, I was in the car, I wish he would have filled his car with gas. But next time. I saw a Lady walking this morning on my way to work and I wanted to ask if she was homeless, she kinda looked it and I wanted to buy her breakfast, but what if she wasn't, I would have imbarssed both of us. Happy Holidays. MJ

tracey said...

I didn't think the stores were too busy here actually. But maybe the economy is worse here. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.

SJacobus said...

I know 2 days in a row there was a line clear back past empire for the Target shopping center. I thought that was a bit rediculous. I think everyone was still out trying to do the usual, but having to cut back in what they did. It didn't mean the errand wasn't still necessary to procure some kind of holiday for their loved ones, no they were all still out and about, but I know the there were still a lot of stores that didn't see the numbers they needed to.