Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lowfat recipe for the day

Posted by Unknown

Do any of your read the Costco magazine? The articles are very good and I recently found a new recipe that I love. It's low fat and healthy for you so. I enjoyed it. Especially since I'm eating healthy now days (yes....that was a self affirmation.)

Chicken Salad dijon with Grapes and Apples

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided salt and pepper
3 Tbs nonfat plain yogurt
3 Tbs Dijon mustard
1/3 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup seedless grapes, cut in halt
1/3 cup chopped red apple
Lettuce is optional

1. Rub chicken on all sides with 1 tsp olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Grill on high heat for 3-5 minutes each side or until done. Cool and chop into cubes.
3. Whisk together remaining olive oil, yogurt and mustard. Add chicken, celery grapes and apple. Gently toss the mixture well to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Calories for 1 serving (3/4 cup) = 174!!

(I thought a tsp of honey in the dressing would be a good idea....next time I'll try that)

1 comments:

Karynn said...

mmmmmmmm!!!!! I've got all the stuff and I'm definitely going to make it tomorrow.