Thursday, July 31, 2008

True Story of the Day

Posted by Unknown


So yesterday in preparation for a triathlon I signed up for, I decided to take my first open water swim. It's always a tad bit scary to swim in dark waters with no bottom and creatures lurking everywhere (can you tell that I'm scared of the lockness monster......for real!!) My eyes where always scanning the waters to make sure I didn't hit a huge carp or run into a field of seaweed. All went smoothly and I was satisfied with the 3/4 mile I swam back and forth.

I hopped out of the water put my shoes on and ran all the way back to my parents house. I did a few random things and then went to take a shower. I turned on the water and didn't take my suit off until I was drenched in the fresh clean water. As I pulled down my suit and low and behold...................
..........I bet you guessed it. A crawdad fell out of my suit. I screamed in horror as images of the swamp monster flashed through my mind. I took me a few moments to collect myself and I started to understand what was going on. Granted it was a baby crawdad...nothing of the sorts that would make me think danger would have come to my most sensitive areas but still. HELLO!! I'm running around with a crawdad on my person. How many people can say that. It was enough to make me second guess my experience with my open water swim. What else could I be collecting?
Today a crawdad, tomorrow a trout.

1 comments:

Loved (and hated) the crawdad story! Yikes!
Wow, a triathalon! My dream is to do one... but I'm chicken! Where and when is it? How are the preparations coming along?