Monday, February 18, 2008

Recipe Wanted

Posted by Unknown

There is only one recipe I won't share. That is my grandmothers & mothers lemon meringue pie recipe. I won't share it because it has one contest after contest for years and has brought my family awards, money and notoriety in the local paper (hint....the recipe has been published). I guess it's very sacred and a true family recipe.

But other than that.....I'm a recipe sharer. Meaning....I share recipes. No doubt about it....If you ask, I'll give it to you. I won't leave out any ingredients, tell you to put squirrel tail in it, or say that it's just in my head. I'm open and want others to experience the same good food that I sometimes enjoy.

In return I have coveted the secret to much of the food I've eaten. Some people are naturally good cooks. Others try hard. And others, they just fail out right. My mother was a naturally good cook. She did everything from baking to cooking to basting and more. She won contest after contest and it was always nice to be on the receiving end of her practicing concoctions. I learned here and there but when I truly wanted to learn it was too late. She has Alzheimer’s and can no longer cook, remember or communicate her skill. She has millions of cookbooks with notes seemingly each recipe but I have no clue where to start.

However I am on the hunt for a certain recipe and I would like anyone to help me find it. I'm looking for the basics. Currently, a whole wheat bread recipe. I have about seven recipes ranging from including gluten, to bread enhancer and even recipes requiring no butter or oil. (By the way, great harvest doesn't use these ingredients but can't find that recipe on the internet).

I can't make a million recipes so I'm looking for people who either make bread or like to make bread to help me on my endevour. Let me know if you're interested and I'll fill you in on the details soon. I might be turning this into a give away if I can find a sponsor. Otherwise, I will continue to make my heavy, never consistent, whole wheat bread recipe that I have.

2 comments:

Bella said...

Sorry, I am hopelessly yeast challenged.

SJacobus said...

Call me Dori, I have June for a next door neighbor:) What kind of wheat are you using, hard or soft? white or red? spring or winter? All these effect your breads fluffyness. Also if your looking for really light and fluffy like the bread from the store your going to have to mix flours.