Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Snow on daffodils

Posted by Unknown


It always warms your heart to see the first flowers of spring, feel the warmth of the sun, and be surprised at how fast those suckers pop out of nowhere to remind you that spring is in fact happening. And then (if you live in a four season climate) without fail it snows and you see the flowers droop and wither and your heart goes out to the buried flower trying so hard to stand tall. In all the daffodils excitement of a few warm days it quickly rose to say hello. It had been tricked to by mother nature.
I broke out my flip flops, started storing my winter sweaters and am freezing as a type. But I'm learning that it's a sign. A sign to give us hope despite the thirty degree temperature. Those flowers are resilient and the weather will change and the flip flops will be worn. It's just a process and as much as I feel that I'm that daffodil drooping in the cold I have hope and know that warmer days are indeed around the corner. What is spring without snow on Daffodils.

1 comments:

Good analogy... I just wish it was a quicker process.