Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Arctic Freeze

Posted by Dori Nottingham



Is everybody cold across the country with this arctic freeze going on? My brother texted messaged me from Denver saying it was -18 degrees. That is just too cold. My uncle in Montana said it was -40. That is even colder. I should be happy with my +32 at the moment. Warm in comparison but I'm looking for ways to stay warm.
Idea #1.
1. Shovel snow-Boring yes but it does burn calories
2. Hot chocolate - Yummy indeed but all the calories burned are just replenished.
3. Sit on the heater vent with a blanket over you. Am I too old to be doing this? Oh well...it's what is keeping me warm.
How cold is it where you are?

3 comments:

MJ said...

We had 9" in Leeds, Utah
Dosen't happen very often.

Love MJ

Fern said...

It was cold, but now we're havin' a heat wave: 16 degrees out right now!

tracey said...

My favorite my far is sitting over a heat vent with a blanket!!
I'm sure Emily would say Hot Chocolate though!!