Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkin Cookies

Posted by Unknown

Here's a recipe I recently found on a blog and I couldn't believe the comments. Since they are pumpkin I couldn't resist making them and they are 100% tried and true. I also used a cream cheese frosting on them but honestly, they were almost gone by the time I frosted them. They were very light and fluffy and were sooooooo good. Could I even stretch my case and say healthy....maybe not but I'd like to think they have nutritional value to eat more than one.

Amazing Pumpkin Spice Cookies
1/2 cup coconut oil (or butter)
3/4 cup unrefined sugar (or maple syrup or honey)
1 cup cooked pumpkin (cut in half, scoop out seeds, place cut side down on baking sheet and bake at 350 until soft. Peel and mash or blend the pumpkin.)
2 eggs (or egg substitute equivalent)
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Mix all ingredients together and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 325, drop spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.


Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 cup white sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream

DIRECTIONS
In a small bowl beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.
In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until smooth, then fold in whipped cream.

1 comments:

The Parkers said...

These cookies look so yummy I will need to try them