Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I finished!!

Posted by Unknown

Well I did it. I finished my first REAL triathlon. I finished strong and proud...and it wasn't as hard or as bad as I thought it would be. I came in 20 minutes after the top woman finished so there is definitely room for improvement but I'm happy I finished and that there was no harm done.

My only problem is that I did have an asthma attack while swimming (my easiest leg turned out to be the one that kicked my watoosee). I haven't had one in years and voile.......I had one. I haven't used my inhaler in about two years and didn't think I should use an old one. My breathing was very labored and I never quite recovered until the next day. During the race everybody asked me (as I passed them I proudly report) if I was all right. I was even asked to stop once but I persevered and finished. Hallelujah.

Now on to my next one. I'll post a picture when I get one.

1 comments:

Julie Walker said...

GREAT JOB!!! i am so proud of you. way to go, dori!! 20 min behind the first group is not bad at all. woo hoo! you are my hero. you go gurl.