Sunday, July 20, 2008

Peaches, Peaches, Peaches

Posted by Unknown

My uncle called from Kalispell Montana. He said that the White Peaches from Costco were delicious. My first thoughts were that Costco would not have the same supplies of peaches for different reasons so what is the point on risking buying peaches that were not to die for. And so many of them ta'boot. However the peaches were bought and can I just say......they were delicious. They melted in my mouth and were better than any candy I have ever had. You just gotta love spring and summer when so many fruits are in season.

I've always wanted to try grilled peaches. They look good in the pictures so I thought I'd try. I admit to liking the crust on pie but this was definitely a different twist on such a great item. Especially since it is bar-b-que-ing season.
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons light brown sugar 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 fresh peaches
grapeseed oil (or vegetable oil)
vanilla ice cream
Preparation: In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut peaches along the seam all the way around and twist halves off the pit. Brush cut sides with grapeseed oil or vegetable oil. Cook, cut side down, on a hot grill until fruit has grill marks, 3 to 4 minutes. Brush tops with oil, turn over, and move to indirect heat. Sprinkle cut sides with cinnamon sugar. Cover grill and cook until sugar is melted and fruit is tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream (sprinkle on extra cinnamon sugar if you like).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Peaches. I want one of these. Thanks for the recipe.

SJacobus said...

This does sound really good. We'll have to try this tonight!