Monday, July 21, 2008

Just a little note

Posted by Unknown


It's amazing how busy our lives are. We seldom take time out for ourselves and rarely take time out for others. We go from place to place, do the mundane things of life, work our selves silly and are more than likely are just plain running around with a chicken like our heads cut off......or are too overwhelmed to do any of the above.

The other day I received a greeting from a friend. It was a customized E-card and it came at a time that I know the woman girl who wrote it must have been inspired. It was a nice letter letting me know that she was thinking of me. It truly came out of the blue but it was of so very precious. It wasn't my birthday, or holiday, or spam coming through the Internet world but a note from the heart that was oh so very thoughtful. It was just plain nice.

She had taken time out of her day to brighten anothers. So often we never realize how or what an act of thoughtfulness or service like this can do, but I do know one thing for sure. There definitely needs to be a whole lot more of them. It's Monday..the busy weekend is over, and I thought it would be the perfect time to send a note to someone else. I might sit down and write it, It might be a procrastinated thank you note, or I might just tell someone that the world is a better place because of them. Whatever I do, I'm sharing my goal with you in hopes that you might do the same. My friend is a great example to me. I want to be like her...to be that kind of person. Thank you Emilie for your kindness..... I've also enjoyed becoming friends with you again and watching our little boys do the same.

1 comments:

SJacobus said...

This is so true. I was very good at writing to people for years. Now I send stuff over the internet for the most part, but still I keep it to business or personal stuff only. Spam is so impersonal and often cras. I wish people would see that I don't feel at all priveledged to recieve it from them nor like they really care when they send it to me.