Friday, July 18, 2008

Posted by Unknown

Do you ever go to a restaurant and have something that is absolutely to die for and you just wish you knew what it was and how to make it so dang good? Yesterday I went to Souplantation and had nice little dinner. It was light, healthy, and everything I needed for a dinner out (considering I'm still trying to lose weight by my birthday which now my goal has lessened by five whole pounds). I then saw the dessert of the day. Carrot Cream Cheese Lava Cake. I just had to have a little bite...after all I had never heard of Carrot Cream Cheese Lava Cake and I'm sure it wouldn't be as good as the healthy beet and garbanzo bean salad that I had just enjoyed.

And then it happened. One bite turned into two, and three, and four...and then after three conservative (at least I rationalize this part) servings I was done. Don't get me wrong. I could have ate a whole lot more. But I refrained. It was so good. It was probably the best thing I'd ever had at a restaurant (buffet maybe). I just couldn't stop thinking about how totally enjoyable it was.

I am no cook, or baker rather, so as soon as I got home I looked on the Internet for possible recipes. I searched under a variety of things that it could have been but I have had no success. Am I doomed to suffer without this new delectable discovery. It just can't be. I even went to Souplantations website to see any ingredient information and nothing to my dismay.

Maybe I'm closer to my weight loss goal than I thought. After all, sacrifice is how it's done. Que sera sera.

2 comments:

Hey! You crack me up, so you have moved from pies on the heater to carrot lava cake! Way to go 5 more pounds you rock. I hope you are well and I sure miss you.

SJacobus said...

That does sound good. Did it include chocolate?