Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Posted by Unknown

So I went on a little vacation for myself and did not have Internet access. That means, no blogging for me. I'm not high tech savvy so I'm unable to unload from just anywhere. It's hard to get going again when I'm out of the habit. It takes 21 days to break or make a habit and like three to digress again. The same with exercise!! You break your routine and you just find so many excuses to not start up again. It's the motivation factor.

A friend of mine used to call me and ask me if I wanted to go for a run. She would always say she needed motivation to go with her. Now, I wasn't motivation so to speak but rather the commitment factor. If I committed she had to keep her end of the deal and show up too. That's how it works!!

Self motivation is the hardest thing. However sometimes it brings the highest reward. Knowing that despite all the influences around us that we still did succeed. Don't get me wrong. I am all for the motivation, commitment and support factors for life. They make life easier. However, we just need to know that no matter what we can still accomplish something if we put our mind to it. As for me...It's my decision of what I'd like to put my mind doing.

I guess something to put off for another day :)

1 comments:

SJacobus said...

Yeah, way to procrastinate. I'm right there with you. I've completely fallen down off the blogging wagon this last week and I don't have the excuse of being out of town. We won't even start talking about the exercise department.