Monday, May 12, 2008

Motivating Monday

Posted by Unknown

In college I became motivated to do everything I was putting off or things that scared me and that I had procrastinated doing. Things that might have been easy to someone else were very hard for me to get the courage or motivation to do. I decided that I would change my attitude in my life and do one thing that scared me everyday. It started with talking to a professor about an internship. The next was signing up for a counseling session for a problem I had. Another was calling a friend to apologize.

I had made the goal to do one thing everyday. My list of things to do had become so overwhelming I couldn't deal with the everyday usual tasks without having anxiety about the things I'd put off. As I did this I became empowered. I loved it. As my list became smaller and smaller I looked for things to do that I might have always wanted to do but weren't priorities. I accomplished tasks ahead of schedule and felt like I could conquer the world.

With today being Monday and college being years ago, I thought I would start with something to motivate me again. My goal for today is to try to do one thing I've been putting off or that scares me today. The ultimate goal is to take away some of the stress or cobwebs lingering in my brain. If you have nothing that you've been putting off maybe you can do a random act of service. It's my Monday challenge.

OH....and you're welcome to share the results. Become empowered today and take control of your life. (and yes that's an affirmation :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great. I will try your technique too.

SJacobus said...

Can a goal of getting some sleep count??? :)