Sunday, April 20, 2008

Pictures say a thousand words

Posted by Unknown


If I received a catalog in the mail and the clothing description just read "basic black dress" with no picture, I would never order the dress. That is exactly how I feel about recipe books. My mind is so unexcited about a recipe if it doesn't have a picture. Maybe I'm not imaginary enough but when it comes to food, I'm excited by what I see. That's why I go into a restaurant and see what's coming out for other people and just simply tell the server....I want that.

Here's a plug for Martha Stewart. Her new cookie book has a picture of every cookie. Yippeee! I can dream that I can make the perfect cookie..and besides, I still like Martha Stewart even though I canceled my subscription to her magazine a few years ago and stopped watching her show. (it was principle based but I can't remember why to be honest now). Her recipes are generally good and you will always be satisfied. Tonight I'm going to make Banana-Walnut Chocolate-Chunk Cookies. I'll let you know how they turn out.....And I will be sure to take a picture.

1 comments:

SJacobus said...

I'm with you on the pictures! And they need to be color! This is the only place my husband and I might agree on that.