Sunday, March 9, 2008

My First Casserole

Posted by Unknown

So I have admit that I've never made a casserole before in my life. While I was growing up my mom would occasionally make one and I don't think my father was the only one who appreciated it much. We were just not casserole people. We ate Mexican and Italian, and occasionally (every six months...factually for sure) we would have a roast, carrots, and potatoes. My parents were much into the light 'California flare' long before it became popular.

In looking for new foods to feed to my son, my niece (she is 12 and has made tons of casseroles apparently) sent with me the recipe for the infamous Chicken and Broccoli Casserole. Though it's not in the oven now, it was last night. Here it is....My husband thought is was "pretty dang good" for my first attempt. My son seemed to appreciate it as well. It was definitely easy and I'll try it again for sure.

Line the bottom of a casserole pan (9x13) with cooked broccoli. Cover broccoli with chicken chunks.

Mix together:
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon curry powder
2/3 cup milk

Pour over broccoli and chicken. Sprinkle buttered bread crumbs over the top. Bake at 350° until hot and bubbly.

Thanks to Katy for great recipe.

1 comments:

SJacobus said...

Yum, that does sound good. I swing the other way. Unless it's baking I really try to avoid any dishes I can't get into one pan, crock pot, roaster. I need it to cook while I'm busy and be ready when I come back and I hate doing dishes!