Sunday, January 27, 2008

My first Favorite Recipe

Posted by Unknown


Sunday Morning....A great time for cooking and relaxing. I couldn't decide this morning if I should make blueberry muffins or pumpkin pancakes. I decided with the latter and despite that I think they are 'out of season' they are still pretty darn good.

Here's the recipe for PUMPKIN PANCAKES. These are SOOOOO good and definitely not a disappointment.

1 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbs firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 tbs butter, melted

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. In another container mix the rest of the ingredients until well blended. Stir mixture into flour just until evenly moist.

Since the batter is dark in nature, cook until the edges look dry which is about 2-3 minutes on each side on a medium griddle. Too hot and they'll end up black

*These are pretty thick so I'd suggest doubling the recipe for a large family or you just plain like a lot of 'em

1 comments:

SJacobus said...

Yum! I've made pumkin pancakes before, but my recipe wasn't much of a recipe. These sound yummy.