Thursday, March 4, 2010

Let's branch out!!!

Posted by Unknown


So on my run the other day (yes it was warm enough to go outside) I noticed a hillside just starting to pop up crocus!  I was so excited and my heart warmed.  Yes, Spring is on it's way.  Despite the fact that it will snow on those yellow crocus there are plenty of indications that Spring will still indeed come.  Usually this time of year I go for a walk and look for branches to force to bloom.  Fruit trees, willows, forsythia and so many more are cut-table and will bloom in your living year in no time flat.  Sure you can buy them at the store but nothing is better than scouring your own yard (or your neighbors :), a river trail, or a Sunday drive in the mountains.  Take your cutters and bring the outside in.  It's that time of year when we need any indication that winter is once again saying good bye. 

0 comments: