Sunday, October 5, 2008

My favorite sandwhich

Posted by Unknown



One of my favorite sandwiches is a traditional BLT. I figure wherever I go nobody can really screw up a BLT and all that I can be is pleasantly surprised if it's extraordinary. Since I also love fresh basil and fresh mozzarella sandwiches on ciabatta, I decided to mix the two. I opted to use the basil verses the lettuce and leave out the mozzarella in lieu of extra mayonnaise :). Loved it! The only thing that could have improved it would have been avocado. However I don't want to take away from the basil. All I know, is how it tasted. Delicious!

*Trader Joe's always has the best deal on Basil. In the past I have always bought a container full of large leaves for about $1.99 (that's sooo inexpensive comparative to the supermarket.) However in the summer I always buy a full plant and use the leaves fresh whenever I need. The plant is only $3.29. Gotta love Trader Joe's

0 comments: