Friday, October 17, 2008

Life's Frustration

Posted by Unknown

Where is the hidden stash of all my rubber bands for my hair? I seem to need to buy rubber bands all the time because I'm on the last one and it's about to break any minute. Do the dogs take them? To they get hauled away by mice? Do they disappear in the laundry machine like my favorite sock? I just don't understand.

Maybe this is my excuse for not venturing out yet this morning. I cannot go for a run without one but it seems I cannot find one anywhere in the house. Do I lose these subliminally? Who knows but now that the horrible thought came out (it's quite tempting actually to just give in and not run) I guess I'll have to shove my mop in a ski hat and run like the wind. Now where is my beanie anyway?

Have a great weekend and go put a pumpkin on your doorstep. It's one of my favorite things to see this time of year!

2 comments:

I agree wholeheartedly... nothing like seeing a bright orange pumpkin on the doorstep to lift your spirits!

The last thing that I misplaced: the curtain rope (I tie it around the curtains to let in the sunshine). It practically jumped out of my hand, from taking it off the curtain to putting it away... it disappeared! Where could it have gone?! I looked all over the place. A few days later I found it... on the floor of my closet. What?! Don't ask me how it got there, but I think invisible elves might have something to do with it.

Karynn said...

That's hilarious. I had hundreds, which I hid from my boys in order to avoid the inevitable rubber band fights, but apparently hid from myself, also. I need a few for this rapidly expanding belly! We all know how important the rubber band trick is when you don't quite fit in maternity but your pants are too tight!